I suggest you ...

set the back button to go up a level when in the browser tab

I have my music divided up into folders and when I'm using the browser tab and scrolled wayyyyyy down into a folder, its a pain to scroll all the way to the top to click "<Parent Directory>" it would be much easier just to click the back button to go to the Parent Directory. (which I naturally try to do anyways.)
Right now, the back button just sends you back to your home screen if you press it, which the Home button will also do anyways.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

The back button should always go to the last screen I was on. Period. In Meridian, it usually kicks me out of the app entirely (maybe because I usually use the file browser?)

It's unbelievably annoying, and is the only app I use that breaks Android's expected Back Button functionality.

• TomTom commented  · 

Great music player. I tried a lot, but Meridian is my favorite. Some have smarter designs, but it is nearly the only one that shows ratings in songlist!
        There is just one thing that confuses me: the back button. Very often I have to type the button over and over again, just to go to the same playlist. Then it returns to the next level and ends up in the main menu. From there, I can't find a way to the now playing screen.

I really think, you have to redesign your navigation concept.

Tom

• bratsunbratsun commented  · 

I believe my comment is about browser navigation again.

Is there any way to return to current track in browser from now playing screen? If you have 30-40 tracks in 1 folder, it takes quite much time to find out where's the track which is being played atm. It would be great to return to browser and have current track in the middle of the screen with kind of highlighting.

Thanks!

• bratsunbratsun commented  · 

Romulus, It could be done easily. Just assign 'Go to parent dir' action to 'Folder' button itself if the current screen is 'Folders listing', otherwise open 'Folders listing' screen from the last position when navigated to folders from Library, Audiobooks, etc.

It will take you just one more IF statement I believe.

Thanks for the great app!

Feedback and Knowledge Base